Tuesday, April 29, 2008

EARTH FAIR

Last weekend, not this past one, but the one before, on April 20...I went to the Earth Fair in Balboa Park. To say the least, it was not at all what I had expected. I knew there were going to be booths set up, as a fair usually is. But, what was surprising to me was that it was more like an information fair, with small areas where there were different types of music playing. The Fair was huge, and covered all of Balboa Park, which is I don't know how many miles. By the end of the day, I can't say I learned too much. There were a few gnarly abortion pictures, which I found to be completely offensive. I mean, the majority of people there were families. If not the majority, there were a ton of families with little children and the posters huge, displaying these horrific images. Some may argue that those pictures are necessary, which is entirely what the Fair seemed to be. One huge discussion. Which I guess, at this point in time, with all these things happening, and the promotion of awareness, blood will begin to boil, and people will begin to discuss. All in all, it was amazing to walk around Balboa Park and take in, not only all the Earth Fair, but the Park itself. I love that Park. There is such character and such history in the buildings. All in all it was a wonderful day, and my feet hurt.

No comments: